I want to start identifying the men in my life by clever nicknames like Carrey Bradshaw did in her column and later books. I realize that in some cases she did uses their real names but and I guess for some men that does make sense but let's see what I can do... There is: Mr. Single Consonant, Caribbean, The Russian, Obsessed, Skinny (that one seems clever enough already), and then last but surely not least is My Heart, but I'm not sure if that one is a tad cliche`. The thing is these names don't sound most efficiently like proper nouns the way they should or even pronouns which would suffice. I have to make this sufficient for when I turn this into an anthology collection.
I actually planned to start looking into the work of Candace Bushnell. She is the New York columnist Sex and the City was modeled after. I am deeply interested in her writing style choices and the organization of her pieces. While I realize that this is a personal blog I eventually plan for it to be read and also I am aware of that fact that once something is placed in cyber space it never goes away. I am mainly curious about Candace's privacy tactics when it came to the names of her friends and relationships. I will figure it out soon enough for my publishing debut I am sure. Fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment