Tuesday, February 1, 2011

snow day lampin

So of course in the winter f nonstop blizzards like crazy, Umass closes the campus early, yay! Even more yay my professors all emailed ahead of time to cancel classes anyways, super yay! So this day has ultimately become a snow day for me.  I mean people rag on school and rag on Mass but I mean no one rags on a snow day, especially me who loves all the above.  But like my friend Ross pessimistically just mentioned the other day: "live in the past and you die in the past."  I guess my point is that aside from the fact that I am a continual epic mess I love this part of my life but I need to get just as excited about the next phase of my life.  I mean I have been doing epic for some time now so I don't see why that might change soon.  Yes I realize that this may very well mean no  more snow days but if I am fabbed out in Cali the last thing I will be longer for is a snow day.  I cannot wait to end ever day at the beach and worry about the simplest shit instead of how many hours I am going to have to stay up to get psych homework done or read up to page 160 in my Brit Anthology collection. I want to wear dresses that blow when I walk along the beach and carry eclectic heels in one hand and a bottle of water (or something not as great for my liver) in the other.  I will always wear my hair in their natural curls and shower night and day because of the constant summer heat.  I can see myself now in my little apartment, lights out (when I can't afford the electric bill of course lol), sitting by the window, sipping ice tea, relaxing un my undies and writing the book of my life.  Of course I am going to miss everyone but I am excited to be living for me with disregard.  Life for me, endless summer nights.  Moments away.

No comments:

Post a Comment