Saturday, February 19, 2011

valentine recap

So I have been wanting to write all week but I have just been so busy that I knew it would be a bad prioritizing choice.  So even a week later I guess let me bring myself back to Monday, Valentines Day.

Unexpectedly I work up to the success of technology, an instant message sending love all the way from the Caribbean.  While I am very much sure that I am done with that, those moments of heart throb, it was still sweet to know that he had hoped me his Valentine.  Even more surprising was just minutes after getting to work I received a text from Mr. Single Letter, a simple text really, just: "Happy Valentines Day," but I did not think he had the capacity for even that.  After seeing him on campus though I thought that maybe he did in fact have a little bit of a sweet side in him the way he used to.  But that's not the him he wants to be, so I just have to be fine with that.  Similarly to the first man of the morning I realized that if you start expecting something out of these men, even if it's what your used to from them, it will turn out to be a disappointment.  So I decided to change up my VDay feelings.

I made sure to text all the people in my life who don't disappoint and so the day was filled with the uplifting love that any woman is entitled to on Valentines Day.  The supreme points of the day were a nice facial wax and treating myself to sushi for lunch.  Some say that it's not a big deal but truth is I like Holidays, this one included, so I thought it was important to make it a nice day.  Turns out being single on the 14th of February is not so bad with beautiful friends in your life and great esteem in yourself. So after wearing a pick crop top and my new lace lingerie under my outfit all day, I must say that I did feel pretty special all day, even with work and a ton of homework.

Thing is, I still thought about him...today didn't make his absence any easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment