Monday, February 7, 2011

school as of late

Last semester of my senior year and I have never been more aware of "time" in my life.  This is the fourth week of school meaning there is only 10 left.  This past Tuesday marked the 100 days left to graduation and of course I couldn't stand to attend in fear that I would of course cry.  And while I am in absolutely in no rush for this semester to ever, ever come to an end I must say that I have never in my lifeeee experienced this capacity of homework.  It is increasingly hard to keep up when I would much rather be frequenting the bars, watching re-runs of Sex in the City, visiting the male friend or just doing absolutely nothing with the besties.  Tonight, in addition to the vast amount of schoolwork and reading I already have, I must also go over to the Amherst College Library where I will sit in their reserve room to watch a VHS film, instead of just relaxing like I know many of my peers will be doing.  But while I am prone to venting and endless rambles of complaints I will say that without a doubt I take homework and essay stress over real world job and adult stuff any dayyy!!!  On a similar note of the end nearing, Preference ceremony and Bid day this weekend marked my final Beta Eta recruitment as an undergraduate.  Looking back on the excitement, stress, preparation and endless ups and downs of Sigma Kappa recruitment and I must say I wouldn't have changed a thing.  In my 7 semesters as a sister I actively participated in 5 recruitments and I can look back and remember meeting women for the first time that I now call my sisters.  We have gotten some great girls over the years and I wish my chapter all the best as I soon head off and hope that the memories I made and cherished as a Sigma Kappa will continue for years to come.  Anyways I am rambling, while I will miss waking up in the Sigma Kappa house I for sure will not miss my boy drama on this campus; shake my head.  Ok well back to a little procrastination until it's back to being a productive senior who constantly reminds herself that she is just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment